This free script provided by
Rainbow Arch

Please note:
If you don't wish to be directed away from this page you can make links within my posts open in new windows by right-clicking them and choosing "Open In New Window"

Visit TrafficGamers.com and play over 3000 of your favourite online games for free!

Thanks to http://www.outlaw-fx.com/ for the fantastic banner for my new arcade site.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Are You Guilty?

Man I hate this kinda stuff, it just really boils my blood!

Yesterday I received an email from a fellow member of a forum that I use. The mail was sent to 30 people in the forum. I now have the email addresses of each and every one of those 30, and they have mine.

Just a heads up here: if you're going to send emails to multiple people, PLEASE make sure you learn how to do a blind carbon copy so that the email addresses aren't readily available to everybody who gets the mail. Especially now that it is so easy to report emails as spam and every email address in the message and domain attached to them could all be put on black lists.

Also, it's not so much about the mails soliciting sales etc (for me anyway), but more the fact that the email addresses of every individual was made available to us all.

Heck, now what if they all started mailing each other with " A friend/contact" sent me your mail address, maybe we can work together or you can join my affiliate program/buy my products/agree to be added to my list etc.

A lot of the addresses in the mail I received were domain addresses, which would be so easy to get shut down if the "wrong" person was having a bad hair day.

So again, please people, DO learn how to bcc your mails, and if you need help with learning that then watch out for my next post ;~)

Anna

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Copyright 2004 Anna-Marie Stewart.
All rights are reserved.