This free script provided by
Rainbow Arch

Please note:
If you don't wish to be directed away from this page you can make links within my posts open in new windows by right-clicking them and choosing "Open In New Window"

Visit TrafficGamers.com and play over 3000 of your favourite online games for free!

Thanks to http://www.outlaw-fx.com/ for the fantastic banner for my new arcade site.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Interview with 'King Of Copy' Craig Garber

Interview With Craig Garber
http://www.KingOfCopy.com

1. Can you tell me about your business background?

I'm a direct-response copywriter and a direct-marketing consultant. I show independent business owners how to make maximum money in minimum time.

Before working as a freelance copywriter full-time, I had been a financial planner for 9 years, running my own practice -- and I used direct-response marketing very successfully.

In fact, what happened was, on the brink of desperation, I began using direct-response in my financial planning business and I started seeing some results from it.

After spending the next 2 years, continuing my studies and soaking up as much information about direct-response marketing and copywriting as possible (and believe me, I studied like my life depended on it), I decided to make a career change to writing copy and publishing information, exclusively.

I did this after experiencing more and more success and actually building up one specific aspect of my financial planning business, to the point where it was on autopilot.

Once that occurred, I knew I had mastered the art of direct response.

I then had a chance encounter with the "World's Greatest Living Copywriter", Gary Halbert, and I actually spent 6 months being mentored by him personally (it turned out he lived only 25 minutes away by car), reinforcing my skills even more.

2. As a person on the Internet, how did you get started?

I just set up my website, started filling it up with good content, and then I was off and running, lickety split.

3. How long have you been in business online?

Online since June 2004.

4. How did you learn what it takes to succeed?

Like I said, I'd been an entrepreneur for many years before, so I had already made nearly every mistake in the book there is.

And even as a kid, I was always hustling to make a buck. I grew up in the inner city in the Bronx, so I had to hustle.

Without going into details -- believe me, I've been around the block.

When it came to learning direct-response, what helped me tremendously was studying and following the masters of direct-response, and then applying what I learned.

Understanding people... psychology... and the dynamics of social interaction, as well as I did, made me sort of a "natural" at it.

And of course, since direct-response is all about measuring your results, and then testing variables to always try and boost response, it also satisfied the analytical aspect of my brain as well (I actually worked as a CPA -- which is like a Chartered Accountant, if you're outside of America – after I graduated college.)

5. Do you do all of your business online?

No. I use my website to generate leads for my copywriting and consulting services, and I also publish and sell information online and offline.

6. What do you like most, and least, about the Internet?

Don't get confused: The internet isn't some kind of "magic bullet" -- it's just another medium you can use to deliver your message, like newsletters and magazines.

What I like most, though, is the rapid feedback.

I don't really think I have a "what I like least".

7. Do you have any tips or advice you would like to offer?

Yes.

Discover as much as you can about using emotional direct-response marketing and about writing emotional direct-response sales copy, and do it now! BEFORE you're at the "O.K. I give up -- if something doesn't happen almost immediately, I'm going to have to close my doors" standpoint.

A lot of business owners are afraid of, or uncomfortable with marketing, and they wait until it's too late to start doing this.

Don't make the same mistake nearly all business owners make: and that is, thinking you "deserve" business because you work hard... you're ethical... and because you give "good service".

In today's day and age, where your prospects are sceptical about everything, and where your customers have the attention span of a gnat, saying these things is absolutely meaningless, and they will NOT help you get customers or clients.

Only sharp direct-response marketing will.

There are loads of books you can read and of course, if you want a great place to start, check out my FREE weekly tips and all the articles archived at http://www.KingOfCopy.com

8. What are your goals and aspirations for the future?

1. Work less and spend more time with my wife and our 3 children.

2. Give at least 2 seminars a year.

3. Continue publishing more of my own products.

9. Do you have an alltime favourite book?

That would be like asking me if I have a favorite child! I read at least one or two books a month, so it'd be hard to choose just one that stands out.

But if you want to learn about writing good sales copy, one book that would serve you well, besides anything Dan Kennedy writes, is an often overlooked book called "How To Write A Good Advertisement" by Victor O. Schwab

10. Can you tell me a little about YOU, as a real everyday person? (likes, dislikes, hobbies, pet peeves, fave food etc.)

Yes, I'm a very happily married guy, still madly in love with my wife, who's definitely the best shoulder I could ever have to lean on.

We've got 3 kids -- 2 boys 14 and 13, and a little girl who's 5 -- and a dog and a cat. Needless to say, our home is a bit of a madhouse (in a good way, of course), always filled with action!

When I'm not working, I'm either hanging out with my family... working out in the gym...listening to music... or just kicking back with a cigar.

I also love travelling and my favorite place in the world is Hawaii -- we actually got married there -- and frankly, I'm itching to get back, so I expect to do that soon. Favorite food -- probably New York City Pizza... and frozen margaritas!

© 2004 Anna-Marie Stewart All rights are reserved.

This is one of 20 interviews that you can read today by downloading your free copy of Real Life Marketer Interviews Volume 1. To download, rightclick this link: Volume 1 and choose save file as.


Anna
http://annamarketing.com

Did you find this helpful? please leave a comment.
Thanks

p.s. Have you visited my Real Life Marketers Get-Together forum and posted your free ad yet?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Copyright 2004 Anna-Marie Stewart.
All rights are reserved.