This free script provided by
Rainbow Arch

Please note:
If you don't wish to be directed away from this page you can make links within my posts open in new windows by right-clicking them and choosing "Open In New Window"

Visit TrafficGamers.com and play over 3000 of your favourite online games for free!

Thanks to http://www.outlaw-fx.com/ for the fantastic banner for my new arcade site.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Interview With Anna-Marie Stewart

Just before I finished my Real Life Marketer Interviews Volume 2 I got interviewed by Melissa, a fellow AdlandPro member and owner of TheWriteTimes.com

Thought I'd post it here so you could get to know me a little better. Melissa is TWT and I am AMS ;) Enjoy!

TWT: Are you currently working from home at all?

AMS: I am, but not yet making a living from it. Although it's getting there

TWT: What was the driving force that led you to investigate working from home?

AMS: Hmm, I guess that would be the fact that I moved back to the UK after 18 years of being in Norway. That, and being dependent on state benefits which barely gives enough to survive in this part of Wales.

TWT: Do you work outside the home as well, I mean, what is your day job?

AMS: No. I don't really have the chance to work outside of the home as I home-educate the 3rd of my 4 kids. He's nine and suffers from ADHD, so that presents me with a lot of hard work. lol

TWT: Tell me a little about your family and about your book of marketing interviews?

AMS: My family? Where do I start? I have my 4 kids and they are the most fantastic people on earth - along with my fiancée. The kids range in age between 5 and 16, so there's never a dull day here. (In fact, there's rarely ever even a quiet day hahahaha!) My fiancée and I got engaged on Christmas day last year (I had a terrible experience in marriage before, so it's quite surprising that I'm ready to take the chance again) but we haven't set a date yet, just sometime before Christmas 2008. LOL

As for the interviews e-book I'm working on, (it's just about ready too, yippie!) that came about because I'd done a free one before, partly to gain subscribers to my e-zine and partly to show people that it IS possible to make money online and it worked really well. I've had LOTS of great feedback from it.

People still download Volume One to this day. I think it's probably the most popular freebie on my site.

TWT: Let’s talk about Not Just Another E-Zine. Is this your own concept? How did you come up with it?

AMS: I like to think that most of it is my own concept, although parts are taken from other newsletters that I've learned from. I used to be well into affiliate marketing and down line building etc. before I started the e-zine. In fact, they were how I first became involved with internet marketing.

Unfortunately it went the way it usually does with newbies online. I got a bunch of hyped up mails offering riches and wealth. (How was I to know they were commonly known as spam mails?) Well, anyway, I got sucked into the great big dream, used some money, made a little money then lost a whole lot more until I realized I was being scammed.

I decided there and then that I wanted to publish a newsletter to help others avoid the mistakes that I had made, and hopefully that's exactly what it does.

TWT: What about Anna Marketing most excites you?

AMS: That has to be the relationships I have managed to build with my subscribers. I like to think of each and every one of them more as a friend than 'just a subscriber'. I'm also really excited about the fact that I'm constantly learning new things and meeting new people.

TWT: What is your favorite part of working Anna Marketing?

AMS: My all time favorite part of Anna Marketing is the fact that I finally got the courage to start creating my own e-books. I've created a few that I give away for free and also a few that I sell. My second favorite part is, again, the relationship building. I just love people and love getting to know them. I also think it's great when I get a mail from somebody telling me that I've helped them in some way or other. It's brilliant!

TWT: What is your least favorite Anna Marketing aspect, if there is one?

AMS: Programming! Anything to do with programming LOL! I'm decisively blonde with techie stuff so I get my friend/business partner to do all the programming cuz that's what he does best.

TWT: I like that, “decisively blonde”. How do you feel that Adland helps you in your profession?

AMS: I haven't actually had a chance to make much use of Adland as of yet due to the fact that I have been really ill the past year and only just getting back into the swing of things now. I must say though, I've had an incredibly warm welcome and already have many new friends and contacts just from the past month or two which is just great!

TWT: How long have you been a member of the Adland community?

AMS: I've actually been a member since March 2005 and if I remember rightly it was because somebody sometime recommended the forum and the newsletter that was available back in those days. Due to my illness I've only just come back and it's changed a lot, so it's taking some getting used to.

TWT: Tell me how you use the Adland community features and have you found support, friends, relationships here?

AMS: I've used the free ads, and created my own forum. I'm also a member of the traffic exchange but rarely used it. I've already found a couple of good, helpful friends here and even had some help with the new sales page which I'm busy creating for Real Life Marketer Interviews Volume II. I know I've also had a few people subscribe to my e-zine after seeing my profile here on Adland.

TWT: Do you use print advertising (ads in papers, magazines, periodicals) and do you find it productive?

AMS: I've never tried offline advertising, but I have participated in e-zine ad swaps and also bought some ads in a few e-zines for some of my e-books.

TWT: Are there any other sources of advertising or promotion that you find particularly useful?

AMS: Articles! Articles are, in my opinion, THE best way to promote yourself, your products and your websites. It's fantastic viral marketing and it's free too. People will pick up your articles to use on their websites and they will bring you traffic for years to come.

TWT: Where do you see yourself in five years?

AMS: I see myself as a person people will have heard of in the internet marketing community and a successful e-book publisher with more than just the 3 or 4 e-books I sell right now. In my personal life, I see myself as happily married and possibly with only two or three of the kids living at home. Hopefully, the older ones will be in full time college/university by then, funded by sales of my publications.

TWT: You have it all together! I have enjoyed your interview and wish you the best of success!

AMS: Thanks so much for the interview Melissa, it was fun!


If you feel like checking out AdlandPro, please do look me up there too ;)
Anna
http://annamarketing.com

Did you find this helpful? please leave a comment.
Thanks

p.s. Have you visited my Real Life Marketers Get-Together forum and posted your free ad yet?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Copyright 2004 Anna-Marie Stewart.
All rights are reserved.