This free script provided by
Rainbow Arch

Please note:
If you don't wish to be directed away from this page you can make links within my posts open in new windows by right-clicking them and choosing "Open In New Window"

Visit TrafficGamers.com and play over 3000 of your favourite online games for free!

Thanks to http://www.outlaw-fx.com/ for the fantastic banner for my new arcade site.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Interview With S. Kumar of LearnHomeBusiness.com

Interview With S. Kumar

http://www.learnhomebusiness.com
******************************

1. Can you tell me about your business background?

I had very humble beginnings as I was raised in a small village in the state of Kerala. Neither did I have any fancy qualifications or any god father to boast off.

Necessity forced me to take up the job as a salesman 1000 kilometers away from my home in the city of Pune, India. In about 8 yrs, I became the Regional Sales Manager of a company. Soon I was managing MBA's, contributing to
strategic advertising decision making process, laying out marketing strategies and the like.

2. As a person on the Internet, how did you get started?

Well! After working for 8 yrs, suddenly I lost my job for a silly reason. The matters literally went out of hands when lost all of my meagre savings in a stock market crash.

Then a burning desire to go on my own began to develop in my mind and I became obsessed with it. Finally, I ended up buying a PC in October-2000 on loan!

I did not know typing when I bought my first PC on loan! I have even asked a friend of mine 'What is the cost of Internet?'J

But when I was introduced to Internet in late 1999 (December), the potential of the Internet became very evident to me. I have always believed that,

• Information is Power!
• And Power is Money & Perks.

Internet is a medium where people throngs for Information and if I can impart quality Information from my website ...then there is money in it.

3. How long have you been in business online?

http://www.learnhomebusiness.com simply came into existence in August 14, 2001 -- Just like that :-)

It was my wife who suggested the domain name.

It took me one more year to launch the site in August 15, 2002 to launch the site.

4. How did you learn what it takes to succeed?

As mentioned earlier, http://www.learnhomebusiness.com began taking shape from an obscure corner in India, from my village.

Problems were plenty in that, most people from developed countries won't even believe such low conditions exists in this world. The dial-up connection (forget about cable and broadband!) on which I was 'learning and working' was the slowest you could ever imagine (about 500 bites on an average) and it used to get disconnected every 30 minutes!

That time telephones were a Govt. monopoly in India and the dial-up was very expensive -- charged by the minute! About $400 averaging a month! ...and to top it all, the telephone used to simply go dead at the slightest sign of a drizzle and will not be restored for days by authorities.

The power situation was even worse in my village! One rain and the power go off for days and will only be restored when the electricity board authorities feel like it! The voltage was (and still is) about 120V even during day time and in the evenings it used to be as low as 90V.

Some times, I wonder how my computer withstood all this during that harrowing time!

So my earlier Internet Marketing Environment was like this.

"When Internet connection is on, the telephone lines will be out of order! When both are working, power will be off!!"

Yes! One of the greatest difficulties was to get these three essential components of an online business, i.e., the Internet connection, the telephone line and the power working together.

"But it taught me great lessons in patience and perseverance" ...which ultimately led me to earn a handsome income online and could afford to move to a posh area of the city with all the modern technology amenities.

Now I have uninterrupted power supply and 24 hour broad band connection
…Enough to run my little dot com smoothly.

To me, success begins when we align ourselves with the big picture of success, and be willing to do what it takes to be there...without worrying about the results first.

5. Do you do all of your business online?

Yes. In fact, I am planning to expand my businesses to 4 more sites catering to different niches.

6. What can you tell me about your business in 7 sentences?

http://www.learnhomebusiness.com is,

a. Content driven
b. Superior products with outstanding offers
c. Superlative customer service -- first response to a solution
in less than 6 hours.
d. Honest, Straight and telling it like it is
e. Proactive and a genuine desire to help out people
f. It's always -- the customers, employees, JV partners and
me. In that order of priority.
g. Freedom of expression and action as long as we do not
step on a fellow beings toes!

7. How do YOU get traffic to your website?

As I am writing this the site ranking of Learnhomebusiness.com by alexa.com is 25,000 (http://partner.alexa.com/amzn/redirect_to_detail?url=http://www.learnhomebusiness.com/ ) and Google page rank of 5.

It's very strange, as so far I have not done any paid advertising or adopted any special SEO tactic.

I believe, I am getting traffic because of,

a. Search engines like my site on their own J
b. Word of mouth publicity by my dear subscribers (25000 of them)
c. Occasional but striking articles that I write
d. My free viral e-Books - 3 of them till today
(http://www.learnhomebusiness.com/freeglobal.htm)
e. MPAM - where I became a member very early
(http://10000hits.net?userid=23561 )

8. What do you like most, and least, about the Internet?

I like everything about the Internet Business!

There is Freedom.
There is Challenge.
There is Money.
There is Job Satisfaction.
There is Friendship.
There is Innovation.
There is Learning Opportunities..
There is ...the list can go on for ever!

9. Do you have any tips or advice you would like to offer?

First and foremost, realize that Internet is NOT an Instant-Money making tool. Start from the premises that it is an Information tool and begin imparting quality content from your website, through your newsletter etc. Content is still king and good content gains trust and loyalty.

Second, go for your own products! Take a dig at creating your own products. It’s a learning experience as well as a lucrative proposition.

Third, get others products with resale rights. And don't just put up the sales page and the product alone like everyone else! Add your own 'relevant bonuses' that are hard to find or others not offering!

Fourth, Internet is a fast changing medium! The changes are so fast that sometimes it can become a bit too much to handle. Keep learning every day. Watch for new trends in marketing and technology up gradations.

Fifth, the faster you fail...the sooner you will begin to make money.

10. What are your goals and aspirations for the future?

a. To be in the Internet Business Scene until my last breath.
b. Harness the power of knowledge and improve the rate of
my acquiring knowledge so that I can impart it to someone less
fortunate or less talented.
c. To be known as a company that has simple solutions
to complex problems.

As for specific goals, I would like to have a Google ranking of
8 and a million dollar profit every year for next 10 yrs!

11. Do you have an all-time favourite book?

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer is my favorite author and all his books have left indelible impressions in my mind.

And I should say 'Sky Is the Limit' by Dr. Dyer is the one that stands out in my mind. May be because, I read it when I was just 21 and it laid the roots for all my future endeavours.

12. Can you tell me a little about YOU, as a real everyday person? (likes, dislikes, hobbies, pet peeves, fave food etc.)

Well! Anna what should I say :)

I like people from a very subtle level. The kind with whom you can establish an underlying bond. Someone like you :)

I like books that provoke my thinking. I also like people who ask me intelligent questions that ultimately lead to a mutually learning experience.

I am also fond of animals and the Mother Nature. A bird in flight is a magnificent site for me. A view of the full moon in the middle of a silent night is a spiritually uplifting experience for me.

I love reading children’s stories, watches cartoons on TV in my spare time and love playing with my son.

I relish on simple food that are less spicy. I also like an occasional drink with a lot of nice conversation with friends.

Being pushed into doing something that does not appeal to my logic, reasons or intuition is some thing that I dislike most.

Here are two special gifts for your readers. Please download them here for free: http://www.learnhomebusiness.com/membersonly.htm


Copyright © 2004 Anna-Marie Stewart. All rights reserved. This is one of 20 interviews that you can read today by downloading your free copy of Real Life Marketer Interviews Volume 1. To download, rightclick this link: Volume 1 and choose save file as.

Anna
http://annamarketing.com

Did you find this helpful? please leave a comment.
Thanks

p.s. Have you visited my Real Life Marketers Get-Together forum and posted your free ad yet?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Copyright 2004 Anna-Marie Stewart.
All rights are reserved.