This free script provided by
Rainbow Arch

Please note:
If you don't wish to be directed away from this page you can make links within my posts open in new windows by right-clicking them and choosing "Open In New Window"

Visit TrafficGamers.com and play over 3000 of your favourite online games for free!

Thanks to http://www.outlaw-fx.com/ for the fantastic banner for my new arcade site.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Interview With Sam Stephens creator of DL Guard

Interview With Sam Stephens

http://www.dlguard.com
http://www.cbaffiliatepro.com
http://www.tacticalsuccess.com
http://www.samstephens.net
******************************

1. Can you tell me about your business background?

I started my own business when I was 17. I needed a way to pay for my university degree, and companies would not pay me a decent wage. So I went into business for myself. I made mistakes and learned from them. That was 8 years ago, and I'm still going strong.

I run an internet consultancy business, an internet business development service, and I write and sell my own software and e-books.

2. As a person on the Internet, how did you get started?

I started out trying to sell affiliate programs. I had no idea what I was doing, and so I didn't make a cent. From there I dug up as much free information as I could find. Once I educated myself enough, I pinpointed what I needed to know, and I bought specific e-books that described what I needed to know.

3. How long have you been in business online?

About 4 years

4. How did you learn what it takes to succeed?

Through PAIN and lots of it! Just kidding, it wasn't that bad. However I did learn the hard way. I've made mistakes, but I've also learned from those same mistakes. Mostly, I talked to people. Other peoples experience is a great way to shortcut your own.

5. Do you do all of your business online?

Yes I do.

6. What can you tell me about your business in 7 sentences?

I've built my business around helping other peoples businesses succeed. Very well known marketers and internet business people have, and still do, pay for my services - anything from business development, software development, client support, marketing and promotions, upgrades and bug stomping.

Basically I run their online businesses for them, so that they have two hands free to count their money. My business is 95% serviced based, however I also run websites such as www.cbaffiliatepro.com to bring in passive income.

Here's a quick tip - if you want to become rich, it's all about passive income and multiple income streams.

7. How do YOU get traffic to your website?

A combination:
- affiliates promote my products
- I sign up for joint ventures with other businesses
- I advertise my site on directories
- I participate in online forums, with my website address in my signature

8. What do you like most, and least, about the Internet?

Mostly, I love the ability to wake up whenever I want and walk into my home office wearing nothing but a pair of boxer shorts and go to work.

The worse thing about the internet is, well, it's addictive. Make sure you save time to PLAY...not just work.

9. Do you have any tips or advice you would like to offer?

First and foremost, take this seriously - it really is a business, and should be operated as a business. This isn't to say you can't have fun with it, I'm just saying that to maximise what you get out of it, run it like you would a bricks-and-mortar business.

10. What are your goals and aspirations for the future?

I want to be filthy stinking rich, and have a number of websites pulling in so much money that I'll start using it to insulate my ceiling.

11. Do you have an all-time favourite book?

It'd have to be Prey, by Michael Critchen. It's fiction, it's not going to help your business in anyway, but hey I love reading stories.

12. Can you tell me a little about YOU, as a real everyday person? (likes, dislikes, hobbies, pet peeves, fave food etc.)

I'll be honest. I'm a lazy bugger. I like to make money easily, without putting much effort into it. I'm 25 years old, been married for a few months now and loving it. I have a little pet bird called Evie that sits on my shoulder and craps down my back while I work. Suffice to say I don't wear good shirts while I work.

I LOVE playing PC or Xbox games. It's the ultimate relaxation. I really believe that the meaning of life is to enjoy it, and help others enjoy it. That means stop workaholism. Yes you, you know I'm talking to you. The workaholic. Stop it! Now!

Copyright © 2004 Anna-Marie Stewart. All rights reserved. This is one of 20 interviews that you can read today by downloading your free copy of Real Life Marketer Interviews Volume 1. To download, rightclick this link: Volume 1 and choose save file as.

Anna
http://annamarketing.com

Did you find this helpful? please leave a comment.
Thanks

p.s. Have you visited my Real Life Marketers Get-Together forum and posted your free ad yet?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Copyright 2004 Anna-Marie Stewart.
All rights are reserved.